This ad is expired.
Sr. Supply Chain Specialist
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Sr. Supply Chain Specialist
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Specific Responsibilities & Skills for the Position:
- Review MPS plans for feasibility and practicality.
- Request updates to master data as needed to improve plan accuracy.
- Confirm capacity and capabilities of forecast w/ CMO.
- Send forecast to CMOs 1st business day of each month.
- Ensure all POs/WOs are created in Oracle EBS.
- Ensure PO/WO volume matches requested MPS volume timing and utilize correct ICN in Kinaxis Rapid Response.
- Ensure all POs/WOs are sent to the CMOs and accepted by the CMO within agreed upon time.
- Weekly/Monthly meeting with CMOs to confirm execution of plan.
- Drive ad-hoc meetings to review exceptions/changes to plan.
- Drive changes to plan through GSC Management.
- Prepares and maintains required ERP system documents such as work orders, purchase orders and Material Transfer Requests.
- Initiates and coordinates shipments between facilities.
- Updates ERP system data to report production activity and material issuance/movement. Verifies API issuances are in alignment with batch records to support GxP lot tracing requirements.
- Processes changes in the ERP system to reflect schedule adjustments according to production progress, change orders, or other delaying conditions. Ensures that open Work Order are in sync with associated Purchase Orders.
- Reconcile Gilead book inventory against CMO hand inventory and investigates / explains inventory differences. Makes reconciling entries and works with both internal and external auditors to support SOX requirements.
- Works with finance to identify inventory items that are potential write-offs so that the appropriate financial reserve can be made in the accounting systems.
- Provides support to vendors in resolving outstanding accounts receivable balances and works with Accounts Payable to revolve issues preventing the timely payment of invoices.
- Maintains pricing sheets for each vendor reflecting the current unit pricing and tracks the number of purchase orders issued for vendors that have volume discount price breaks so that the correct price is reflected on those purchase orders.
- Develops, maintains and communicates metrics to monitor and improve performance.
- Conducts Root Cause analysis and drives appropriate corrective actions for identified issues and preventive actions to remove issue from recurring.
- Perform additional duties as assigned aligned to the mission of the team.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills. Able to understand and communicate scientific and business elements to multiple internal audiences.
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment and support multiple activities simultaneously. Determines personal work plan, and schedules tasks and activities.
- Good planning and organizational skills coupled with strong time management skills.
- Demonstrates good written communication skills along with good analytical skills.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge with intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to develop solutions to moderately non-routine problems.
- Able to work independently / receives no instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Applies working knowledge of manufacturing and production operations and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) on a daily basis.
- Experience in pharmaceutical operations/cGMP environment highly desirable.
- Experience with advanced planning systems (ERP) desired
6+ years of relevant experience in related field and a BS or BA; or
4+ years of relevant experience and a MA/MBA/MS
To apply, please submit resume through our website at www.gilead.com
Gilead is an equal opportunity employer.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Supply-Chain-Specialist_R0019399
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency