Grow your resource conservation career with the Sonoma County Water Agency (Sonoma Water). Become a Community Affairs Program Specialist!
Note: If you are interested in applying at either the I or II level, you will need to apply to the separate, concurrent recruitment being conducted for that level.
The Sonoma Water Community Affairs Program Specialist is responsible for promoting awareness of Sonoma Water projects and programs by coordinating and planning outreach campaigns and events, and assisting in the planning and implementation of community relations information and activities. Additional responsibilities include:
- Preparing and distributing literature and other materials, including developing graphic designs
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining content on a variety of internet, intranet, and social media platforms
- Responding to telephone and other general inquiries
The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills; a collaborative, team-focused mindset; and possess:
- Some experience planning and implementing public outreach campaigns
- Involvement in coordinating complex projects and programs with other public agencies and partners
- The ability to research, create, and/or write reports, news releases, brochures, pamphlets, bulletins, and other publicity or educational materials
- Some training and experience in Adobe Creative Suite programs and website design and maintenance
- A strong work ethic and the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- A command of digital media, and some experience developing and implementing social media campaigns
- Excellent writing skills, including a command of English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- A sense of humor!
What We Offer
Working at Sonoma Water offers expansive opportunities for growth and development, the ability to be a part of a challenging and rewarding work environment, and the satisfaction of knowing you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re working to better our communities. You can also look forward to flexible work arrangements and excellent benefits* including:
- A hybrid telework schedule that meets the needs of our staff, department operations, and the communities we serve
- With time and good performance, the opportunity for advancement to the II level (salary up to $45.00/hour)
- Eligibility for a salary increase after 1,040 hours (6 months when working full-time) for good work performance; eligibility for a salary increase for good performance every year thereafter, until reaching the top of the salary range
- Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals, 12 paid holidays, and an additional 8 floating holiday hours per year
- County paid 100% premium contribution for the majority of employee-only and employee + family health plan options
- An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance of up to $500 and ongoing education/training opportunities
- County contribution to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help fund post-retirement employee health insurance/benefits
- Retirement fully integrated with Social Security
- May be eligible for up to 8 weeks (320 hours) of Paid Parental Leave after 12 months of County employment
About Sonoma Water
Sonoma Water is a special district formed by the California State Legislature in 1949 and is responsible for providing a safe and reliable water supply to its customers in Sonoma and Marin counties. Sonoma Water also maintains 75 miles of flood control channels and provides sanitation services. Employing approximately 250 employees, Sonoma Water consists of five divisions including Engineering and Resource Planning, Environmental Resources and Public Affairs, Water/Wastewater Operations, Maintenance, and Administrative Services. Sonoma Water supports the concept of environmental sustainability, focusing on renewable power sources, and strives to be a leader in its water conservation and fishery restoration programs.
*Salary is negotiable within the established range and benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. For more information, including minimum qualifications, & to apply, visit www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. The County of Sonoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. Apply by 8/3/22
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency