This ad is expired.
Services Coordinator I
Department: Resident Services
Location: Mountain View, CA
At MidPen, we build communities that change lives and revitalize neighborhoods. We work every day to create a world where everyone has a quality home they can afford and equitable access to opportunity. Our goal is to develop communities that enhance cities and catalyze growth and opportunity for residents.
With a "three companies, one mission" approach, we develop affordable housing, provide professional property management for all our communities, and coordinate robust onsite support programs to help our residents advance their well-being. We are one of the nation's largest non-profit developers and owners of affordable housing - to date, we've developed over 120 communities across 11 Northern California counties and provide affordable homes for more than 20,000 (and growing) low-income working families, seniors, and people with special needs. The lack of affordable housing in the Bay Area is our reason for doing what we do, and we want you to be a part of the journey toward social, economic, and racial equity.
ABOUT RESIDENT SERVICES
The Resident Services team is responsible for bringing essential support services to our residents. Our three areas -Family Services, Senior Services, and Health and Supportive Housing - build relationships with our residents by engaging, connecting, and providing services to help them maintain stable housing and achieve self-sufficiency. Our programming emphasizes long-term financial and physical health and mobility and spans financial workshops, ESL classes, senior wellness activities like Bingocize (BINGO and exercise!), after-school programs, and a six-week summer program for young residents. The Services team is also instrumental in ensuring food security through onsite food distributions in partnership with local organizations. Rooted in our ICARE values (Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence), and our Guiding Principles of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging, Resident Services also works closely with our residents and community partners, and their fellow MidPenners - including close collaboration with our Property Management team.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
In 2023, MidPen was again certified as an official Great Place to Work, and for good reason! In addition, we offer a Best-in-Class benefit package that includes 100% employer paid employee healthcare options (Kaiser or Sutter), dental, vision, life & disability insurance. We also offer a wide range of voluntary benefits; 403(b) retirement investment opportunity and annual financial literacy and retirement planning options, FSA for childcare, medical and commuter benefit options, Employee Assistance program and pet insurance for our furry, feathered, and scaled friends. In addition to 14 paid company holidays, which include a paid winter holiday break between Christmas and the New Year, we offer 4 paid wellness days for employees to disconnect and recharge. As a learning organization, we encourage professional development and career advancement, and we offer up to $3,000 annually ($12,000 lifetime maximum) for education assistance with tuition reimbursement and/or loan debt relief that includes qualified family members. And, as a family-friendly company, we offer a paid time off parental leave benefit of 12 weeks in a 12-month period for new or expecting parents. Check out our benefits snapshot on our careers page.
$23.00 - $27.00 Hourly - Pay based on applicable experience and qualifications
Property Type(s): Family and Senior
The Services Coordinator I plays a vital role in delivering and engaging partners to deliver educational, health and wellness, and asset-building programming for residents of MidPen properties. The Services Coordinator I provides access to and delivers programs such as: After School Program, Summer Program, Academic Support and College Readiness Assistance, ELL and ESL Programs, Health and Education Workshops, Food Security Programs, Nutrition and Physical Activity, Financial Stability and Capability Training, Rental Assistance, and Lease Education. This position also leads outreach efforts and plans community events/interactions which builds trust and engagement.
Program Efficacy & Efficiency
- Delivers onsite programs, ensures implementation of programs at assigned locations to meet agreed internal standards and objectives and applicable regulatory expectations
- Conducts door-to-door, phone, e-mail outreach and other marketing strategies to make residents aware of services offered
- Prepares and submits all necessary program documentation as required by MidPen and external agencies
- Assists in and/or provide crisis intervention in situations of low to moderate complexity and provide appropriate follow-up (including but not limited to child abuse or adult abuse reporting)
- Implements mandated reporting policies and procedures
- Familiar with Services' partnership goals and selection criteria; engages with property-level partners to support these goals/criteria and communicates with supervisor where improvements may be needed
- Collaborates well with local community agencies in proximity to assigned property
- Monitors provision of services provided by partners at assigned property
- Supports property-level needs assessments and associated follow-up (e.g., community meetings)
- Participates in development of property plans and is responsive to resident needs
- Communicates and executes actions based on needs assessment
- Offer exemplary customer service and responsiveness to residents
- Maintain accurate property-level records and files (including but not limited to entering data and tracking all service activities on a daily/weekly/monthly basis)
- Ensure timely property-level reporting, consistent with Services' policies, procedures, and trainings
Effective Team Building
- Participate in staff and team meetings, trainings, group outings and other site sponsored events
- Apprise direct supervisor of activities and incidents in a timely manner
- Cultivate collaborative relationships with Property Management peers and colleagues at the property level
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED and 1 year of experience and/or training in community development, social services, or related field; Progress towards a 2-year or 4-year college degree preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience working in any of the following related areas preferred:
- Families, adults, and youth in a diverse population
- Youth (5-12 age range) in a classroom or after school setting
- Older adults/elderly support and service
- Experience supporting program and service implementation and coordination
- Experience collaborating with local service providers preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and strong relationship-building skills
- Solid judgment, discretion, and problem-solving skills when working with families and students
- Desire to work with high needs and untapped populations
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work independently
- Excellent reading, writing and verbal communications skills and comfortable communicating across language barriers, including using translation apps and services to navigate multiple language needs; [some positions may also include "proficient in Spanish, Russian, Korean or Vietnamese" if required at a specific property] bilingual requirements are determined based on resident/property population and will be applied accordingly
- Effectively use Outlook, OneDrive, Teams, Zoom, Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite and other technology tools to support interactions with peers and supervisor
- Satisfactorily pass required background check
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License, proof of current auto insurance, and reliable transportation
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks, frequently sitting
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 15 pounds
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl
- Must be available to work 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday; a minimum of one but up to two or more evening(s) until 7:00 PM, and occasional weekends required
- Ability to travel between properties
This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MidPen Housing Corp. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, MidPen Housing Corp. will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job. MidPen believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
To apply, visit https://midpen-housing.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=2237907
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency