Senior Research Scientist I, Process Development
United States - California - Oceanside
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Sr. Research Scientist I, Process Development - Oceanside, CA
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Gilead has an opportunity for an early career Ph.D. level scientist in our Cell Line and Upstream Development group at our Oceanside facility in Southern California.
We are seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual to design and execute experiments to support cell culture process development. Additionally, the individual will act as an upstream subject matter expert on early and late stage projects as well as lead various supporting activities including technology development efforts within the group.
- Lead aspects of upstream process development and support technology transfer activities for monoclonal antibody, recombinant protein, and novel platform programs.
- Review GMP and non-GMP technical documentation (batch records, SOPs, validation protocols and reports; process characterization protocols and reports).
- Participate in cross-functional CMC teams.
- Support upstream bioprocess development activities across early and late stage projects including clone selection, technology development, media development, process optimization, and process characterization studies.
- Accountability for various technology development efforts within the group.
- Hands-on laboratory operations such as shake flask, bench scale bioreactor, and pilot scale cultures as well as novel culture platforms.
- Collaborate with technical operations and biologics production teams to transfer process to and support pilot scale and clinical manufacturing upstream operations.
- Contribute to written technical reports, present in group meetings, and work cross-functionally to achieve common goals.
- Manage direct reports and mentor junior group members while working in a flexible resourcing environment.
- Support internal and external manufacturing, including travel to sites (10%).
Skills and Experience:
- Ph.D. and 3+ years of experience in a relevant scientific discipline (biology, bioengineering, chemical engineering, biochemical engineering).
- Excellent communication, technical report writing, and presentation skills and aptitude for creative problem solving.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Experience in statistics and data analysis (e.g. JMP, Spotfire).
- Previous direct management experience is a plus.
- Ph.D. and 3+ years of experience in a relevant scientific discipline (biology, bioengineering, chemical engineering, biochemical engineering or related).
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Oceanside/Senior-Research-Scientist-II--Process-Development_R0021066-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency