Senior Credit & Collections Specialist (French)
Ireland - Cork
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The primary role of the Credit & Collections Specialist is to proactively manage the credit control function for a large customer base of approx. 1000+ customers in France and some overseas territories.
The person we seek will be an experienced French speaking C&C's individual with experience of operating in a multi-national corporation, as well as having a knowledge of the order to cash function.
Position Specific Job Requirements:
- Responsible for a large and growing debtors listing, looking to minimize debt & overall DSO
- Ensure timely and efficient follow up on overdue accounts and payments (ORACLE and OBIEE software).
- Provide a support when an issue arises and perform house-keeping work when necessary (improve process and forms, request customer account clearing).
- Credit hold releases
- Issue written correspondence to customers and perform phoning reminders in a timely and efficient manner including reminder emails, monthly statements etc.
- Will liaise with our internal finance/commercial colleagues and any other personnel as appropriate to confirm details regarding customers and overdue payments
- Point of contact for internal and external queries (i.e. answer bailiff requests, monitor with appropriate third parties the recovery of mandated invoices or customers facing bankruptcy) as they arise
- Support the resolution of any billing queries relating to outstanding invoices and escalate accordingly.
- Prepare monthly management reports related to DSO, flux, commented Aging analysis as required and provide ad-hoc analysis to support monthly and quarterly analysis.
- To deliver excellent standard of customer service in all respects of the role.
- Responsible for determining how much credit to extend to a customer based on credit policy, credit ratings, financials and payment history, while also providing a key point of interaction with Commercial and Finance team.
- As the Credit & Collections specialist, you will assess the credit risk of a specific company including interpretation of financials and make recommendations backed up with solid judgement and reasoning.
- Ability to handle complexity and utilize analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to proactively & effectively analyses & resolve problems
- Ability to effectively prioritize and complete key tasks and deliverables
- Ability to respond flexibly and empathetically to customer needs, managing their expectations effectively
- Ability to work in a global team environment and communicate effectively with both internal & external business partners of all levels.
Knowledge, experience, competencies
- Third level Finance/Business Degree
- Credit & Collections qualification would be advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, at ease speaking to all levels of the organization regarding sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Self-directed problem solver and ability to suggest solutions.
- ERP experience an advantage (Oracle/SAP) and aptitude for business softwares (Pack Office, Tableau, etc)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Cork/Senior-Credit---Collections-Specialist--French-_R0020196
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency