This ad is expired.
Program Assistant IV - Downtown Campus Support
University of San Francisco
Program Assistant IV - Downtown Campus Support
The Program Assistant/Downtown Campus Support will provide a full range of administrative services to the Assistant Director of Graduate Operations, Associate Dean for Graduate Programs, graduate program directors, and faculty. The Program Assistant will coordinate and cooperate with other USF constituents in providing the services needed to support the educational mission of the School of Management. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Graduate Operations.
As a Jesuit institution, diversity, equity, and inclusion are fully embraced at all levels of the University. As part of the 101 downtown operations team, the applicant must have a demonstrated commitment to social justice and cultivating an inclusive environment that supports care for the whole person, and an ability to work with a diverse group of students, faculty, and staff.
Full Job Description:
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Provides administrative services as stable point of contact for highly dynamic and fast-paced operations department. Such services include supporting graduate program directors as assigned by the Assistant Director of Graduate Operations.
- Acts a resource liaison between and among graduate program directors, faculty, students and the University community and members of the public.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with peers in other offices.
- Contributes to a warm, welcoming, and receptive environment by greeting and assisting faculty, students, staff and other visitors coming into the office. This also includes assisting over the telephone.
- Provides front desk support as needed and assists with facilities management of classrooms and all meeting spaces.
- Provides assistance to other SOM staff departments as directed by Assistant Director of Graduate Operations.
- Handle requests for duplicating, scanning and faxing of office materials.
- Works collaboratively with Academic Affairs Program Assistants on main campus to ensure timely delivery of materials and supplies to faculty teaching at 101 Howard.
- Provides administrative support for faculty housed at the Downtown Campus
- Assists with proofreading, formatting documents, and word-processing for department documents.
- Maintains calendars as requested, scheduling appointments and meetings.
- Schedules meeting space for program meetings housed 101 Howard. Coordinates with faculty/staff to assure that meeting space has necessary equipment, in working order, in advance of meetings (computers, projectors, and telecom).
- Records and disseminate minutes for meetings if needed.
- For various program events, coordinates logistics, makes appropriate room reservations, catering, and facilities set-up, audio visual and sound equipment.
- Reports all catering, meeting, and event expenses in advance, to facilitate budget monitoring.
- Prepares and submits expense reports via Concur, departmental purchases, payments, reimbursements through the use of purchase requisitions, Concur Expense, and Concur Invoice.
- Gathers data, provides analysis and prepares spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations.
- Maintain information as required for the department and University initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Graduate Operations.
- Advanced knowledge of administrative concepts, principles and practices. Able to handle diverse situations, using written and unwritten policies and practices in addition to using own judgment to resolve conflicts and concerns.
- Able to initiate and accept responsibility for completion of special assignments/projects. Can manage multi-project deadlines, evaluate task priorities and make suggestions on the most efficient methods in handling multi-tasks.
- Works cooperatively and establishes effective working relationships with immediate peers as well as peers in other departments. Uses tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment in regular contact with faculty, staff, student and others within and outside the university.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and keep track of multiple boundary conditions. Able to be self-motivated to start and/or complete projects independently. Able to seek direction when needed. Assertive and able to communicate risks and organizational exposures.
Post high school diploma preferred. Two to three years of experience in an administrative assistant position. Must have experience in event planning. Strong skills in priority management and attention to detail; ability to prioritize multiple assignments and deadlines accurately while under pressure. Demonstrated strengths in the areas of service and team skills; including evidence of ability to work independently and in close conjunction with others. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential. Experience dealing with a variety of people in a professional manner.
Applicants must have a strong equity lens, cultural humility, and a proven record of embracing differences and creating a safe inclusive spaces and working environments that would support USF's Jesuit mission.
Advanced word processing, spreadsheet (Excel) skills, database applications, and experience with collaborative software and/or programs (Skype, GoogleDocs, Doodle)
Work schedule would be 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. However, individual may be required to work on occasional Saturday's and/or weeknights to support internal, external operations and/or events based on operational needs. Likewise, some days may be required to work beyond 5:00pm and up to 8pm.
Salary Range :
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/Downtown-Campus/Program-Assistant-IV---Downtown-Campus-Support_R0007319-1.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to "Change the World From Here." For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency