This ad is expired.
Role: Operations Coordinator
Term: Full Time
Location: San Francisco, California
Compensation: $60,000-70,000, commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: June 18, 2023 (applications reviewed on a rolling basis)
Target Start Date: July 24, 2023
ABOUT ECHIDNA GIVING
Echidna Giving is a private funder with one sole aim: getting more girls into better schools to live better lives. Investing in girls pays dividends for us all: what she learns in school can transform her life, her family, her community, and her nation for generations to come. That's why we're committed to bringing quality, gender-responsive education in lower-income countries. Because when all kids learn equally, our world becomes more equal, too. (Learn more at www.echidnagiving.org)
Echidna Giving has a small but mighty team and is looking to grow. We will be deploying our grant dollars over the next 40 years or so, growing from our current $20M annual grant budget to a $100M in annual granting. Although we are one of the largest funders in the international education space, Echidna Giving is still a start-up in learning mode. We pride ourselves on our teamwork, our relationships, and our ability to move quickly. The Operations Coordinator will need to be self-motivated to work independently and autonomously, flexible — including to take on unanticipated roles as required when working on a small team — and approach work with a proactive and collaborative spirit.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Echidna Giving is seeking an Operations Coordinator to join the Echidna Giving team reporting to the Administrative and Grants Manager. S/he will provide a combination of administrative and operational support across the organization supporting programs, operations, and leadership. Currently, for this role, Echidna is expecting a hybrid model, with the majority of days in the office in San Francisco and an opportunity to work remotely up to 2 days a week.
- Plan and coordinate logistics for internal meetings, internal/external events, retreats, etc.
- Manage day-to-day needs of office facilities and staff including supplies, equipment, maintenance, food, beverages, etc.
- Conduct desk research and data analysis to support organizational planning and efficiency and special projects to support the Administrative & Grants Manager
- Research and procure new equipment, software, and other resources as needed
- Manage employee engagement and team-building opportunities and activities
- Identify and implement tools, systems and/or processes to improve operations
- Document new policies, guidelines, and procedures; organize and maintain existing policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Support HR projects such as annual performance reviews, recruiting, hiring, onboarding, offboarding, staff surveys, and other special projects
- Support IT projects such as data migration, conference room A/V equipment maintenance, security policy implementation, etc.
- Serve as key point of contact with facility and IT vendors and others as needed
- Provide scheduling and administrative support to President and CEO and Senior Staff
- Manage shared team calendars including scheduling internal and external meetings
- Support annual planning, track, and communicate deadlines
- Assist with the team's work-related travel, including obtaining visas and assist with travel and accommodation logistics
- Process expenses, invoices, and contracts
- Draft and develop business correspondence; respond to information requests
- Review, organize, and route incoming mail
- Manage the maintenance and technical performance of the foundation's website and email marketing platform
- Take notes for internal and external meetings when appropriate
- Maintain digital and physical files
- Support Senior Staff in special projects as needed
- 2+ years of experience in an administration role or an administrative support role
- Experience in effectively supporting multiple individuals
- Attention to detail, good organizational skills, ability to reprioritize, collaborative approach to work, and an appreciation for creating and improving processes and procedures that do not tip-over into bureaucracy
- Ability to take specific direction when necessary, along with a high level of independent judgment and initiative. Ability to anticipate needs and creatively address problems with appropriate, timely solutions
- Strong technology and computer skills; experience with G-suite preferred
- Ability to proactively manage workflow to meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively work across cultures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Candidates that are flexible, mature, have a sense of humor and an ability to work with a team of varying backgrounds and styles will have the greatest success at Echidna Giving
- Work collaboratively, building relationships, trust, and credibility with members of a team, management, and external stakeholders
- Ability to work from the San Francisco office
If you or someone you know might be a good fit for the above needs, please send an introductory email and your resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Operations Coordinator.
Echidna Giving is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse pool of candidates in this search.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency