This ad is expired.
United States - California - La Verne
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Directs team activities, multiple projects of significant complexity and risk, adhering to schedule, budget and resource requirements.
- Understands and applies root cause analysis principles and find solutions for equipment issues.
- Leads the execution of Maintenance activities in accordance to stipulated production schedule and compliance requirements.
- Manages the staff training and development strategy and ensures that staff is technically trained in complex pharmaceutical plant utilities maintenance activities.
- Contributes and support to the development of department strategy.
- Maintains site compliance documentation and investigates and responds to compliance problems and complaints received from customers, agencies, or employees.
- Assures critical plant utilities reliability by providing effective management of the maintenance program and resources in a manner consistent with Site and Plant objectives.
- Responsible for the site plant utilities area continuous improvement process, and uses Lean / 6Sigma methodologies to drive efficiencies.
- May participate in audits to include internal, vendors or contract manufacturers.
- Manage plant utilities assets change controls and CAPA records.
- Ensures that all operations in all areas of responsibility are performed in compliance with cGMP Regulations and Company Policies/Procedures, also makes sure that personnel is trained in cGMP's and SOP's.
- Establishes key performance metrics which monitor and assist the team to understand maintenance services performance and can be used to improve the productivity and quality of production processes.
- Performs performance appraisals to all personnel under his/her responsibilities following Gilead policies and procedures
- Executes employees' performance improvement plans, development and disciplinary actions as required.
- Supports departmental budget design and control based in site needs and priorities.
- Coordinates cross-functional efforts to resolve manufacturing, packaging, maintenance and Manufacturing issues in projects and day to day operational activities.
- Provide support to the Reliability Program implementation and sustainability.
- Previous experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry desirable.
- Previous experience working in highly regulated manufacturing environments desirable.
- Demonstrates extensive understanding and application of maintenance principles, concepts, and practices, and standards.
- Proficient knowledge of asset life cycle management, change control systems, FDA regulatory requirements, including 21 CFR Part 11 and documentation procedures pertaining to a pharmaceutical manufacturing plant such as cGMP's, SOP's, among others
- Proven ability to develop short and long term strategic plans to meet business direction/initiatives and comply with all legal obligations
- In-depth knowledge in pharmaceutical plan utilities assets (Water Filtration Systems, Steam Generators, Chilled Water systems, HVAC, etc)
- Knowledge in OEE, MTBF, and root cause failure analysis.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to read, interpret, and understand electrical/mechanical drawings.
- Able to interact effectively with people to establish and maintain excellent working relationship with internal and external customers' at all organizational levels and disciplines.
Specific Education & Experience Requirements:
- 7+ years of relevant experience and a BA or related fields.
- 5+ years of relevant experience and MS.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---La-Verne/Maintenance-Manager_R0015695
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency