This ad is expired.
Housekeeper (Full-Time PM) - Behavioral Health 103
San Leandro | California | United States
HOUSEKEEPER - VILLA FAIRMONT MHRC
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare family, Villa Fairmont is licensed as a 99-bed Mental Health Rehabilitation Center. It serves adults who have a history of serious and persistent mental illness with repeated hospitalizations.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Days: Varies as needed
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
We exist to help people with mental impairments realize their full potential.
Telecare will deliver and manage excellent services and systems of care for persons with serious mental illness.
The Housekeeper is the staff member that performs tasks that involve cleaning and servicing the building areas of the facility. In addition, a variety of housekeeping duties are performed in order to maintain the facility in an orderly, sanitary and attractive condition.
One (1) year of relevant experience in the hotel, motel, health care or a similar work environment is required. Experience in a health care setting is preferred. High school graduation or a G.E.D. equivalent is preferred. Incumbents in this position must have the ability to read, write and speak English in order to follow written and verbal directions. Good communication skills and a desire to work with mentally impaired adults are crucial. Applicant must be finger printed, sign under penalty of perjury that there has been no conviction of any crime, other than minor traffic offenses, and receive clearance from the Department of Justice.
KEY RESULT AREAS
MISSION, VALUES AND BELIEFS
- Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with clients, the public and other staff members.
QUALITY AND QUANTITY OF WORK
- Performs tasks correctly and according to policies and procedures.
- Thoroughly and consistently performs the following cleaning tasks:
- sweeps, mops, vacuums, buffs, strips, washes and shampoos floor surfaces
- cleans and dusts furniture, closets, telephone areas and vents
- scours, polishes and sanitizes sinks, counters, stainless steel surfaces and waste receptacles
- empties waste receptacles and cleans solid waste containers and transports medical waste to outside storeroom, as directed.
- washes windows and walls, which may involve removing draperies and rugs, as directed.
- washes mops, rags and linen, as directed.
- gathers and returns needed cleaning supplies and equipment daily to support rooms, as directed.
- distributes the clean laundry, from the clean linen closet to the nursing staff, as directed.
- collects dirty laundry from the nursing areas and moves it to the loading area for pickup as directed.
TEAM MEMBER PARTICIPATION
- Participates as a team member and provides input via reporting observations, concerns and asking appropriate questions.
JUDGMENT, DECISION MAKING AND INITIATIVE
- Demonstrates knowledge and proper use of equipment and supplies.
- Reports defective equipment or needed repairs to supervisor.
- Executes, as required, the facility Fire, Disaster and Safety procedures.
- Assists with the management of assaultive behavior upon request by the clinical staff.
- Reports fire and accident hazards to supervisor.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS
- Demonstrates a good rapport and cooperative working relationships with all members of the team; responds to co-workers with concern and promotes group morale.
- Continually focuses on assigned tasks and seeks and implements improvements as necessary.
- Understands and demonstrates the safety program in all activities.
- Has knowledge of and implements contamination and infection control procedures.
- Practices universal precautions at all times.
CUSTOMER AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
- Demonstrates a knowledge of Telecare's customers including clients, families and governmental agencies in all interactions and conduct.
- Acts in a professional manner, always demonstrating respect and understanding of the community and neighborhood when representing Telecare in the community.
PLANNING AND TIME UTILIZATION
- Completes and follows through with tasks and assignments, meeting expected deadlines.
ATTENDANCE AND RELIABILITY
- Understands and demonstrates knowledge of all policies associated with attendance.
- Attends all assigned in-service education programs.
- Requests additional training in areas where self-improvement is desired.
- Always dresses appropriately and professionally.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
POSITION PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
(Hours per day)
up to 3 hours
3 - 6 HOURS
6 - 8+ HOURS
Hand Use: Dominant hand Right--- Left---
Is repetitive use of hand required? YES
Simple Grasping (right hand)
Simple Grasping (left hand)
Power Grasping (right hand)
Power Grasping (left hand)
Fine Manipulation (right hand)
Fine Manipulation (left hand)
Pushing & Pulling (right hand)
Pushing and Pulling (left hand)
Reaching (above shoulder level)
Reaching (below shoulder level)
up to 3 hrs.
3 - 6 hrs.
6 - 8+ hrs.
up to 3 hrs.
3 -6 hrs.
6 - 8+ hrs.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Driving cars, trucks, forklifts, and other equipment?
Working around equipment and machinery?
Walking on uneven ground?
Exposure to excessive noise?
Exposure to extremes of temperature, humidity or wetness?
Exposure to dust, gas, fumes, or chemicals?
Working at heights?
Operation of foot controls or repetitive foot movement?
Use of special visual or auditory protective equipment?
Working with bio-hazards such as: blood borne pathogens,
sewage, hospital waste, etc.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To apply, visit http://www.lifeattelecare.com/jobs/housekeeper-full-time-pm-behavioral-health-103-san-leandro-california-united-states?source=generic&utm_source=generic
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency