This ad is expired.
- Fish and Wildlife Technician I ExtraHelp
- Go to our website »
Fish and Wildlife Technician I - Extra-Help
$25.51 - $31.02/Hourly*
Join our Environmental Resources Division as a Fish and Wildlife Technician I - Extra-Help!
The Sonoma County Water Agency (Sonoma Water) is hiring several temporary, extra-help Fish and Wildlife Technicians. Starting pay will be $25.51/hour. Some positions may start immediately and hiring could continue into Winter 2023.
Fish and Wildlife Technicians in the Environmental Resources Division primarily focus on fish and wildlife biology in streams, rivers, and estuaries. These positions support and assist senior staff in the development, implementation, and management of fish and wildlife populations and habitat monitoring programs. Typical responsibilities include:
- Surveying a variety of fish habitats and species using various techniques such as electrofishing (boat and backpack) and spawner and snorkel surveys
- Surveying bird and mammal species and habitats primarily through visual observational methods
- Sandbar surveying and pinniped monitoring to assist estuary management
- Trapping and handling fish
- Conducting physical habitat, geomorphic, and hydrologic monitoring
- Riparian habitat monitoring
- Sampling invertebrates
- Water quality and algae monitoring
- Installing and maintaining electronic data loggers, and collecting and compiling environmental data
- Performing restoration tasks such as planting and site maintenance
Temporary, extra-help employees are limited in their employment to a maximum of one calendar year. These employees must be off of work for three months before they can be re-employed on an extra help basis.
*Salary is negotiable within the established range. This recruitment is open continuously and may close at any time without notice. Applications received after the recruitment closes will not be accepted. For more information, including minimum qualifications, & to apply, visit www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. The County of Sonoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency