Bay Area Medical Academy is a community based, woman-owned healthcare training school (San Francisco and San Jose, CA) that is committed to assisting individuals with their career aspirations. We offer Medical Assisting programs with Phlebotomy & EKG as Continuing Education courses.
Dedicated to the career success of our graduates, our faculty and staff supports students first steps towards a healthcare path with unlimited opportunities. We want to empower our graduates to be prepared not only clinically as medical professionals but to continue challenging themselves in an evolving healthcare environment. Many of our graduates thrive as patient focused and committed individuals who collaborate with their community in culturally diverse healthcare settings.
The Finance Director will be solely and completely responsible for maintaining all bookkeeping and financial records for the company. This position will function independently, but also work closely and effectively with the CEO, outsourced CFO, Financial Aid, and other departments and personnel as needed to ensure the smooth financial operations of the organization.
***Our school policy requires Staff and Faculty members to be vaccinated***
- Monthly close of all accounts
- Provide complete and accurate weekly and monthly financial reports (Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet) to CFO and/or CEO
- Develop annual budget with requested reporting and historical financials
- Coordinate, generate and oversee responses to annual financial audit with external auditors
- Coordinate annual corporate income tax filing with the CPA
- Prepare consolidated financials for internal and outside use
Cash Flow Management:
- Prepare daily cash flow reporting and submit to CFO as appropriate
- Reconcile bank and other financial accounts
- Ensure that appropriate balances are maintained in bank accounts, as directed by the CFO or CEO
- Forecast and anticipate upcoming cash flow needs, and alert CFO of any anticipated cash shortfalls
Oversee Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable:
- Review and verify open AR
- Ensure all invoices per the student's payment plan are properly recorded in Title IV Ledger Card and disbursement system
- Generate accurate and up-to-date weekly reporting for any and all past due payments.
- Share and collaborate with appropriate departments (Financial Aid, Social Services etc.) for collections follow-up activities
- Ensure definition and enforcement of organizational collection policies, including escalation to external collection's agency
- Review and write off any uncollectible balances
- Receive, review, verify, approve all vendor bills
- Ensure accuracy of Title IV ledgers working in tandem with the Financial Aid Office Manager
- Confirm that all compliance reporting is accurate and timely
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP
- Minimum 10+ years of related experience as a Finance Director or in a similar capacity
- Experience working at Title IV schools is highly preferred
- Advanced proficiency in QuickBooks, Excel and software applications
- Excellent analytical and communication skills to effectively present information and respond to questions from students, staff/faculty, customers and the general public
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
- Flexible and detailed individual who is comfortable with dynamic, fast-paced, and high growth environments while executing objectives on urgent deadlines
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency