This ad is expired.
Distribution Specialist III
Canada - Alberta - Edmonton
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
The Distribution Specialist provides support to the Process R &D labs including sampling and repackaging of materials, waste pumping or removal of waste from lab area, deliveries to the labs and ensuring that lab materials are decremented from inventory. Other duties include:
- Ensures the accuracy of the sites inventory by reporting discrepancies and the removal of materials from the warehouse. Maintains the integrity of the inventory location system by performing the appropriate transactions in EBS
- Samples and repackages raw materials consumables intermediates and final products according to the appropriate ABSOP Material Specification.
- May provide input and recommendations on methods and operating procedure development as required
- May order materials to maintain set max/min stock levels
- Assumes responsibility for one area of warehouse operation (i.e. shipping/receiving or Sampling room) when required
- Stages materials ensuring proper segregation consistency of labels and reports any inventory shortages or problems
- Inspects and receives all incoming materials using ERP system in accordance with SOPs
- Ensures consistency of labels and segregation of materials within the warehouse
- Performs offloading of bulk trucks and removal of waste materials from the site according to SOPs
- Ensures all warehouse areas are clean and well organized
- Regularly attends both warehouse and department safety meetings and brings up any concerns regarding safety to management
- Reports any chemical spills and damage to equipment, material and property
- Ensures that work areas and paperwork are maintained to a high level of cGMP
- Maintains all logbooks, Chart Recorder logs and Calibration Charts as required by our SOPs
- Regularly attends in house training
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
3 + years of relevant and a HS Diploma or equivalent OR
Bachelors Degree in a related field
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Alberta---Edmonton/Distribution-Specialist-III_R0017747-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency