Director, Medical Affairs, Oncology- Foster City, CA or New Jersey
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
We have an exciting opportunity on our Medical Affairs Team, a Director position within Global Medical Affairs Oncology. This individual will focus on strategy and operations. They will be designing and executing the strategies and tactics to bring meaningful treatment to patients with cancer. This position will be reporting directly to the Vice President for the global medical therapeutic area of oncology. Currently, the role is an individual contributor, however, the individual selected for this role will be expected to develop a team.
This role will be based in Foster City, CA, or the Morris Plains, NJ office
Director, Medical Affairs Oncology
- Develops and manages important key stakeholder relationships with external oncology society leadership
- Provide medical leadership with congress planning and engagement
- Leads oncology portfolio efforts with regards to global pre-reimbursement access (compassionate use, early access programs, etc) across various brands
- Plans and develops the Medical Affairs strategy in Oncology
- Executes Medical Affairs activities and scientific projects based on the medical strategy and Plan of Action, in close collaboration with other medical team members.
- Ensure alignment of various medical planning strategies across disease areas
- Supports pipeline medical affairs planning when needed
- Provides medical leadership in the cross-functional brand and launch team.
- Develops and conducts medical education and communication activities, including digital, face-to-face, and print.
- Is involved in key scientific publication activities.
- Is a key company representative to groups of experts, medical professional groups, societies, patient representatives, regulatory groups, and represents the company at national and international scientific meetings.
- Plans and conducts Advisory Boards as needed to obtain insights.
- Presents scientific and clinical data in a variety of different settings.
- Works collaboratively with Gilead personnel globally across multiple functions
Required Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Advanced scientific degree (i.e. M.D, PharmD, or Ph.D.)
- Experience in Oncology required
- Demonstrates and has experience working closely with external societies, congress groups, and academic centers
- Experience with early access and compassionate use programs strongly preferred
- 7+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry with relevant roles in medical affairs
- People Management experience Manager for at least 2 years
- Ability to manage people in other countries in various timezones
- Ability to embrace Gilead's patient-centric values, including the highest ethical and compliance standards
- Strategic mindset with a focus on collaboration and excellence
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and prioritization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time and demonstrates cultural intelligence to work in an international setting
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director--Medical-Affairs--Oncology--Foster-City--CA-or-New-Jersey_R0019314-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency