Director, Global Value and Access, Commercial Learning & Development
United States - California - Foster CityUnited Kingdom - Uxbridge
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Director, Global Value and Access, Commercial Learning and Development
Foster City, CA OR Stockley Park, UK
At Gilead, we are driven to develop lifesaving products that make a difference for patients around the world. Every day, we to transform the promise of science and technology into breakthrough, innovative therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of unmet need including HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases. When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives.
Making an impact on a global scale
For over 30 years, Gilead has been a leading innovator in treating and preventing HIV, but this expertise is just a foundation for our ambitions. As we continue to expand our scope into new disease states and new markets, we are investing in our global commercial capabilities.
- Accountable for conducting global value and access training needs assessments, training design, training development, training delivery and training evaluation
- Leadership experience across a variety of settings and topics in the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry
- Proven ability to effectively manage complex projects, influence stakeholders without authority, effectively network across the organization and communicate with senior leaders all within a fast moving, challenging and dynamic Commercial environment
- Understanding of payer systems, pricing and reimbursement mechanisms, key differences across market archetypes, HEOR, and global pricing and reimbursement trends to support evaluation, adaptation, and shaping of value and access trainings
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
Specific responsibilities include but will not be limited to the following:
- Consolidate regional / global value and access team input and develop a comprehensive global training needs assessment and global value and access competency models.
- Work with, regional L&D teams (US, ACE Region, Intercontinental, China, Japan Commercial Learning & Development
- Develop inventory of current regional/local existing training programs
- Review inventory to determine viability for reuse or adaptation at a global level
- Determine content changes required or work with external vendors to design and build new global content.
- Support localization of training content: translation into other languages
- Coordinate closely with regional learning and development organizations, especially the US Commercial Learning & Development function
- Work with Commercial regions and markets to define and rollout a single global value and Access Excellence Framework
- Build global Commercial training plan - special focus on Value and Access
- Once global training is developed, lead training for global content, and lead any efforts to conduct regional/local train-the-trainer activities. * Support a learning and development leadership summit, where leaders from Regional/Local learning and development (e.g., US, Stockley Park, EU5, China, Japan, Intercontinental, etc.) units will meet from time to time to discuss, coordinate and collaborate to deliver the best training possible in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Build relationships and engage with organization senior executives and functional stakeholders
- Ensure that strategic plans, goals and objectives are documented, communicated, reviewed and evaluated on a continuous basis
- Ensure stakeholders are engaged throughout training development processes, continuously incorporating feedback to ensure relevance and inclusion.
- Proactively engage with commercial groups to resolve issues, conflicts and interdependencies
- Lead by example, respecting Gilead core values of integrity, accountability, teamwork, excellence, and inclusion
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree working in the biopharmaceutical and/or health care industry in Commercial roles with increasing responsibilities and accountabilities.
- 12+ years for a BA/BS OR 10+ years for a MA/MS and/or 8 years' experience with a PhD.
- 2 + yrs. experience of a market access role/or function with significant exposure to pricing, access and/or HEOR to ensure at least foundational understanding in value and access dynamics
- Ability to demonstrate strong negotiation and influencing skills and relationship building for credibility.
- Demonstrated ability to connect and align stakeholders of diverse backgrounds/countries
- Excellent influencing skills: managing through other key contributors as indirect reports
- Strong leadership and self-direction, comfort and experience tackling very ambiguous and complex problems
- Must be able to lead through others as well as executing own work
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, negotiate, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines
- Effective communication skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both verbally and in writing, experience presenting before executive staff Proven ability to lead collaborative and creative problem solving and overcome resistance or barriers
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional teams or work groups as well as motivate and develop direct reports
- Demonstrated excellence in program management, project management, change management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Additional (preferred): Experience across markets (e.g. US, EU, Japan, China)
- Additional (preferred): Anti-Viral and/or Oncology Experience
- Additional (preferred): Commercial learning and Development
- Additional (preferred): Global experience in a commercial role
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity - Doing What's Right
- Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork - Working Together
- Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence - Being Your Best
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director--Global-Value-and-Access--Commercial-Learning---Development_R0019409-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency