Director, Global Medical Affairs, HDV
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Europe, and Australia. We have the following exciting opportunity in our Foster City, CA location:
Reporting to the Sr Director, HDV Global Medical Affairs based in Stockley Park, UK. This role will be based in Foster City and is a key position within the Global HDV Team, responsible for developing and driving the Medical Affairs strategy for the annual medical plan, and HDV medical content.
This individual will indirectly manage cross-sectional members of the global team and support global strategy and alignment. Leading cross-functional communication and collaboration to ensure superb execution of the global strategy, this person will be asked to focus on the US, but also cover other countries.
An integral part of the HDV Global Medical Affairs strategy will be overseeing and maintaining the tenor of Gilead's scientific communications with the community of health care professionals, including ensuring the creation of high-quality content outputs such as slide decks, medical presentations at conferences, advisory boards, and other meetings and promotional materials. Support of new therapeutic area development launch planning and external collaborations will also be essential.
In fulfillment of this responsibility, the individual will collaborate with colleagues throughout the Gilead organization as well as with the external investigator community.
The key functions of this role are to:
- Develop, innovate and execute the Global HDV Medical Affairs Plan based on a landscape assessment of unmet needs, with cross-functional inputs from colleagues in Liver and Fibrosis Diseases Medical Scientists and Affiliate teams, Government and Public Affairs, Healthcare Policy, Clinical Research, Health Economics, and Commercial functions
- Review and advise regarding investigator-sponsored ISR proposals submitted to Gilead for funding
- Collaborate with Medical Information to assure maintenance and creation of high-quality professional communications for healthcare professional in response to unsolicited requests for product information
- Assess medical education needs in the healthcare environment regarding HDV, Liver, and Fibrosis and collaborate with Independent Medical Education Department to assure that appropriate programs are reviewed and supported
- Work with Global Medical Affairs colleagues worldwide to pull through scientific and healthcare policy communications and publications from investigator-sponsored research projects
Specific Job Requirements
- Subject matter expert regarding HDV, but also Liver and Fibrosis Diseases (HBV, HCV, NASH/DKD/PSC, Other) is required
- Establish a credible knowledge base regarding current and new disease states and develop strategies to address unmet medical needs within the patient populations affected
- Prepare presentation materials and present scientific data at internal and external Advisory Boards
- Serve as an information resource to Gilead colleagues, including the Medical Scientists, including medical educational activities, grants, and investigator-sponsored/collaborative studies
- Provide medical and scientific leadership at key scientific meetings (e.g., AASLD, DDW, EASL, APASL)
- Serve on Independent Medical Education (IMED) Committee to review and give medical perspective on IMED proposals
- Maintain regular contact with community advocates, government and policy officials, and KOLs to identify data gaps, track study progress, and communication deliverables
- Ability to assess, understand and communicate continuously expanding medical and scientific information, as well as market knowledge
- Anticipates future industry trends and opportunities, and proactively develops plans to address through Global MA strategy
- Excellent analytical skills demonstrated ability to identify and understand complex issues and problems and identify key findings from study data and publications
Ability to suggest solutions for issues encountered with clinical studies and other projects in the area of responsibility
- Other activities, as assigned, to support Global Liver and Fibrosis Medical Affairs
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal, relationship-building, and negotiating communication skills
- Excellent strategic and organizational skills to support project planning across multiple activities, with the ability to anticipate and prioritize workload on multiple ongoing projects
- Excellent teamwork skills, both in leading and as part of a cross-functional team. Organized; attention to detail and ability to meet timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills demonstrated ability to identify and understand complex issues and problems and identify and query key findings from study data and publications
- Experience in developing effective abstracts, manuscripts, posters, and slides and presenting at scientific meetings
- Must be fully cognizant and adhere to regulatory and legal (Business Conduct) requirements for implementation science and other Medical Affairs activities
- Able to work with a level of autonomy and independence
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- M.D., D.O., Ph.D. (biological or pharmaceutical sciences) PharmD, NP or PA with extensive experience in hepatology, infectious diseases, virology, or clinical virology
- > 10 years' experience in Medical Affairs and/or Clinical Research including Phase IIIb and IV studies; clinical trials management, medical monitoring, and scientific expertise
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director--Global-Medical-Affairs--HDV_R0019394-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency