This ad is expired.
Club Badminton Coach- Oakland Campus
About the Opportunity
The purpose of this Club Badminton Coach is to provide support to club sport officers and participants on the Oakland Campus. The position supervises all participants. The position functions under the general supervision of the Assistant Director of Campus Club Sports and Recreation.
- Experience playing and/or competing in Badminton
- Relevant coaching experience
- Willingness to help create a new program
- Ability to become CPR certified
- Create a fun and competitive club Badminton program with varying degrees of skill. Potentially helping with open gym Badminton
- Develop and improve participant Badminton skills
- Attend and supervise a majority of games and practices, including evenings and weekends
- Abide by all University/Club Sport rules and regulations, including the Club Sport Handbook
- Promote good sportsmanship on and off the field
- Submit Weekly Timesheets
- Communicate with the Assistant Director of Campus Sports and Recreation as needed on issues associated with the club or any of its participants. These issues include but are not limited to travel, injuries, equipment, and administrative tasks and responsibilities.
- Ensure safety of participants and monitor environmental (field/court/playing surfaces) conditions
- Ensure that Injury Reports are completed for each injury and are given to Assistant Director of Club Sports within 24 hours
- Ensure proper warm-up/stretching for student-athletes prior to practice or competition
- Communicate with participants to establish and achieve team goals
- Provide support to club sport officers and participants as needed
- Allow students to take on as much responsibility in the administration of the club as possible
- Adhere to the travel guidelines set forth by the Campus Sports and Recreation Department when accompanying the club to off campus matches and events
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned to meet the goals and mission requirements of the University and the Club Sport Program. Cooperation of all personnel is expected to carry out the mission.
The expected hiring rate for this position is approximately USD $18.00- $35.00 per hour based on the applicant's experience as well as the position's scope and responsibilities.
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Oakland-CA/Club-Badminton-Coach--Oakland-Campus_R115324
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency