Under general supervision of the Manager of Administration, the Assistant Administrative Analyst will:
- Plan, organize, assist and/or participate in complex, sensitive, and detailed analytical work;
- Perform skilled word processing and data entry;
- Prepare correspondence using independent judgment in content and style;
- Maintain and update specialized databases;
- Perform tasks related to facilities management;
- Analyze practices and procedures and make recommendation for operational, policy and procedural improvements; and
- Perform related work as required.
Alameda County Transportation Commission (Alameda CTC) is a joint powers authority that plans, funds and delivers transportation programs and projects that expand access and improve mobility in Alameda County. Alameda CTC was created by the merger of the Alameda County Congestion Management Agency (ACCMA) and the Alameda County Transportation Improvement Authority (ACTIA) in order to allow for better coordination of transportation planning and programming within the County.
Alameda CTC staff is a diverse and collaborative team of talented professionals who are passionate about improving mobility and access for Alameda County residents, businesses, and visitors. Diversity, equity and inclusion are cornerstones to Alameda CTC's mission, and Alameda CTC staff has committed to the following mantra, "Together, we deliver excellence. We are who we serve."
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- An understanding of principles and practices of public administration.
- Experience with modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment and applications including word processing, databases, and spreadsheet applications.
- The ability to perform responsible and difficult administrative work involving the use of independent judgment and personal initiative.
- The skills to provide a high level of customer service by effectively dealing with the public, vendors, contractors, and Alameda CTC staff.
- The ability to effectively communicate in person, over the telephone, and in writing.
- The ability to establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
EXAMPLE OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and perform professional-level, administrative work to oversee assigned office accounts; including assisting with informal solicitations, investigating and resolving problems related to services and costs, and ensuring work is completed on time and within budget.
- Coordinate and monitor routine maintenance and repairs of office equipment and systems; serve as point of contact for facility related issues; initiate work order requests and monitors for completion.
- Assist in the acquisition, tracking, maintenance, and disposal of agency's fixed and capital assets and provide biennial administrative review of procedures related to asset management.
- Assist with a variety of professional-level research, and complete administrative, operational, financial, and analytical duties in support of the agency's administrative functions and overall operations.
- Assist with the preparation of reports; including the preparation of conclusions, recommendations, and forecasts for management, the Commission, and external entities.
- Process and review invoices and supporting documentation; including ensuring compliance with contracts, entering data into a specialized database, and working with project managers and contractors to resolve invoice related matters.
- Participate in the review and monitoring of assigned budget(s); including assisting with development of administrative budgets and collecting and reviewing financial data, analyzing variances and recommending corrective measures.
- Assist with the development, organization and maintenance of assigned records and databases; ensure data integrity; research and recommend procedures related to systems and database maintenance; and periodically review and purge files.
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in business, public administration, finance, or a related field
- One (1) year of professional-level full-time experience performing administrative, operational, management, or financial analysis is required.
- All employees are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Employees with an approved exemption for medical or religious reasons will be subject to weekly COVID-19 testing.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The annual salary range for this position is $78,205 to $101,667, depending on qualifications and experience.
Alameda County Transportation Commission offers a generous benefits package:
- Cafeteria Plan which employees can use to choose the following:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; and
- Life, AD&D, and Long-term and Short-Term Disability Insurance.
- Retirement Program in the California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS):
- Classic Member (member of CalPERS prior to January 1, 2013) – 2.5% at age 55 (employee contributes 3%)
- New Member (under new PEPRA laws) – 2% at age 62 (employee contributes 6.75%, this amount is subject to change at the beginning of each fiscal year per CalPERS calculations)
- Vacation Leave: Starts at 10 days per year and increases based on years of service.
- Sick Leave: Accrued at 1 day per month.
- Holidays: 11 paid holidays, plus 2 floating holidays, per year.
- Other benefits, including transit subsidy, flexible spending accounts, tuition assistance, etc.
To apply for this opportunity, please visit the Alameda CTC website and download an application at:
Complete application packets must include a cover letter, resume, and application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an alternative, you can mail the completed application materials:
1111 Broadway, Suite 800
Oakland, CA 94607
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
This recruitment will remain open until filled; however, candidates are encouraged to apply early in the process for optimal consideration. The first review of resumes will be on October 29, 2021.
Alameda CTC is an equal opportunity employer encouraging workforce diversity and is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or discriminated against under its hiring or other activities on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, or medical condition including genetic characteristics. Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 provides protections against discrimination based on race, color and national origin; and 49 United States Code Section 5332 provides additional protections against discrimination based on religion, national origin, sex, disability, or age.
Employment at Alameda CTC is at-will.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency