- Go to our website »
We are looking for energetic, positive individuals to work as tutors we call Clinicians, in a Lindamood-Bell®Learning Center. Join us as we teach students of all ages to read and comprehend to their potential!
Tutor Position Details:
- Prior teaching experience is not required.
- These positions are part-time.
- Instruction is performed at a Lindamood-Bell® Learning Center located in Menlo Park, CA. This is not a remote position.
- We provide paid training in the programs used by Lindamood-Bell.
- Required hours during the paid training are generally 8 hours per day, Monday through Friday, for two weeks.Following the training, as a part-time employee, you will generally be scheduled less than 30 hours per week according to the instructional needs of the Learning Center.
- All necessary technical equipment and program materials will be provided.
- Internship credits may be available.
- Have a passion for helping others reach their potential.
- Implement positive-reinforcement strategies that maximize learning, in a cheerful and authentic manner.
- Possess excellent reading, spelling, and comprehension skills.
- Possess basic computer skills and the ability to type notes about student performance while leading engaging sessions.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Associate's degree, Early Childhood Education certificate, or actively pursuing a degree is acceptable.
- Provide one-to-one and small group instruction, in-person or online, implementing specific lesson plans under the direction of Learning Center leadership.
- Facilitate the use of the curriculum provided for Lindamood-Bell Academy students.
- Interact positively and professionally with clients and staff to provide a safe and positive learning environment.
- Manage client records electronically using a computer.
The hourly rate for this position is $25per hour.
We believe in the importance of investing in our employees so every member of our Star Cast can succeed to their potential. We provide our eligible Star Cast members benefits, discounts, and additional perks. Eligibility for insurance benefits, discounts, and additional perks varies with employment level and location and may be subject to additional terms and conditions. Part-time employees are eligible for:
- Paid time off - 10 paid Holidays (9 scheduled and 1 floating), Vacation, Sick, and Closure Hours
- Employees who are at least 21 and have worked for Lindamood-Bell for 6 consecutive months may be eligible to participate in a 401(k) benefit.
- Company-wide discounts on many services and products including Apple products, cell phones, and auto rental deals may be available.
For more information about us, we invite you to visit our website at LindamoodBell.com.
Lindamood-Bell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes follows applicable requirements regarding applicants with criminal histories.
Lindamood-Bell is committed to creating an inclusive hiring process and work environment. The company provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities through an interactive process. Please contact the Lindamood-Bell HR Department at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply to, screen for, or perform a position.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have reviewed the CA Job Applicant Privacy Notice:https://lindamoodbellcareers.silkroad.com/lindamoodbellcareers/Privacy-Policies/CA-Job-Applicant-Privacy-Notice.html
Tutor, Tutoring, Tutors, Instructor, Educator, Teach, Teacher, Education, Training, Learning, Clinician, Internship
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency