Lead, Applications and Systems Analyst
Ideal Candidate Statement: Knowledge of ERP systems in an educational environment in a general and technical capacity. Provides on-going support and solutions to the Colleges ERP system. Ability to lead and provide guidance and training to other technical staff in support of the college functional areas. The ability to consistently promote a teamwork environment within the Information Technology Services department. Preferred working knowledge of Ellucian Colleague ERP systems. Provide excellent support to our students success and faculty and staff.
This position has been identified as a "work remote" position for the current work remote pilot program.
Ohlone prides itself as a Learning College with the motto of "A World of Cultures United in Learning" and we are looking for staff who embrace diversity in serving students of varied backgrounds and learning styles, highly ethical, trustworthy, credible, loyal and is respectful of diverse views and opinions;
The college has a firm commitment to environmental sustainability and looks to all employees to support this important goal.
Job Description Summary: DEFINITION:Under the general direction of the Administrator, provides and recommends solutions in using information systems, applications, ERP systems, and other related systems in improving services offered by the College using systems and technology; recommends and assists in planning, implementing projects, and assigning tasks and projects to the Applications and Web Development team related to programming, systems analysis, and management of databases; Assist the analysts, programmers, and DBA in developing professional goals. The incumbent serves as the lead working closely with staff and administrators in developing project plans, project schedules, and project deliverables. Night, weekend, and off-campus work may be assigned.
Essential Duties: DUTY STATEMENTS 1. Provides on-going support and solutions to the Colleges ERP system as assigned;2. Participates in the review and definition of functional areas, processes, and procedures to improve existing systems including upgrades, testing and rollout, the organization and flow of data, methods, to improve existing systems;3. Analyzes departments requirements and acts as liaison between end users and IT in the assessment and development of solutions and acts as liaison between end users and IT in the assessment and development of reporting needs;4.Recommends workflows and request procedures for providing services related to ERP systems and other enterprise-level systems;5. Documents technical procedures and processes;6. Participates in short-range and long-range planning;7. Leads users and user groups in assessment and process mapping and business workflow criteria8. Develops procedures to support and interface with systems and streamline operations;9. Develops user manuals and procedures to assist departments and divisions in the effective use of information systems;10. Develops procedures to support and interface with systems and streamline operations;11. Creates documentation, manages and maintains procedural documentation and train end users in system features and usage;12. Coordinates, assigns, monitors progress, and reports statuses of all tasks, projects, and other activities of the Applications and Web Development team;13. Plans and schedules upgrades, testing, and roll out of the Colleges systems that minimizes impact to the operations of the College;14. Maintains a thorough understanding of current trends in the areas of computer hardware and software, telecommunication, information security, automated office procedures, and public policy and law related to systems and technology in a Higher Education context;
15. Coordinates with vendors and consultants for all requirements, technical support, licensing and renewals, scheduling and any other needs;16. Designs and provides specifications for computed columns for queries and reporting and coordinates with end users to develop and write reports;17.Leads, coordinates, assigns, monitors progress, make recommendations and reports statuses of all tasks, projects, and other activities of the Applications and Web Development team;18. Conducts and evaluates department needs and provide analysis of computer systems and recommend solutions;19. Uses effective project management tools for development and custom programming, patch testing, and project accounts;20.Contributes to the development of College planning documents, policies, procedures, manuals, and guides related to effective college operations;21. Assists and leads staff in training and creating technical solutions to ongoing or mission critical issues with technology;22. Manages and implements State and Federal reporting requirements and the direct submissions of State and Federal regulatory and mandated reports;23. Effectively engage and support historically disproportionately impacted groups by addressing issues of equity and improving culturally responsive service-oriented practices.24. Demonstrate sensitivity to and for the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of the Colleges students, faculty, staff, and community25. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: KNOWLEDGE OF:1. Architecture of ERP systems;2. Principles and techniques of systems analysis and design using proven tools;3. Principles of modular and integrated testing;4. Principles and techniques of programming, online programming, and data processing;5. Structured programming, object oriented programming, and web programming;6. Principles of query language;7. Principles of system interoperability, scalability, flexibility, and availability;8. Principles of disaster recovery and business continuity;9. Principles of technical writing;10. Proper English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation;11. OSHA and ADA regulations.
SKILLS TO:1. Respond in a timely and effective manner to help desk requests from all divisional clients2. Provide in person and remote support to clients that emphasizes a high level of customer satisfaction and communication;3. Analyze and recommend process improvement to effectively and efficiently improve business processes;4. Coordinate, collaborate, and communicate to successfully implement projects on budget and on time;5. Problem solving and in identifying issues with reports, and process gaps;6.Work independently or as part of a team, if needed to resolve customer problems,7.Plan and implement large scale software and hardware deployments, migrations and upgrades.
ABILITY TO:1. Plan, organize, and manage assigned projects;2. Document all work performed in an online service management system;3. Adapt to the use of new and emerging technologies;
4. Deal effectively with both novice and experienced users;5. Develop documentations for information systems activities, processes, and procedures;6. Set-up, load, test, maintain, configure, and troubleshoot reports, scripts, and other developed solutions;7. Coordinates with vendors and consultants and effectively articulate requirements and needs in both technical and ordinary language;8. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Education and Experience: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Any combination equivalent to a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Business Administration or other closely related degrees. Experience may substitute for a degree on a one on one equivalency.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS At least five (5) years of full-time experience in the area of programming systems analysis, technical documentation, testing, report generation, and/or user training; at least three (3) years of full experience in ERP systems required (ex. Colleague, Banner, Jenzebar, PeopleSoft); Experience with ERPs, Vendors and Colleges business practices and technologies.
Must have evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practices.
Preferred Qualifications: DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS 1. Bilingual/Biliterate2. Other related specialized training(s)
CSEA Salary Schedule Range # 57$96,336$106,248$123,012
Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline.
HEALTH AND WELFARE BENEFITS
1. Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, EAP and LTD
2. Membership in Public Employees Retirement System Candidates hired on or after January 1, 2013 are subject to restrictions imposed by PEPRA)
3. Contribution to O.A.S.D.I. (Social Security)
4. Paid vacation
5. Paid sick leave
6. Paid holidays and district-paid floating personal days
7. Summer 4/10 schedule (Fridays off)
8. Longevity pay step increase based on your years of service
9. IRS Section 125 Flexible Medical Spending Plan
10. 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan (employee contributes)
11. 403(b) Tax Shelter Annuity Plan (employee contributes)
Benefits will be prorated for positions less than 100%
Immigration Reform & Control Act of 1986:
Applicants selected for positions will be required to provide identification and employment eligibility as outlined in the federal "Immigration Reform & Control Act of 1986."
A multi-campus single community college district, Ohlone College is located in the southern portion of the San Francisco Bay in California; serving 12,000 students per year. The District has a main campus in the City of Fremont and a newly constructed campus in the City of Newark. Ohlone College is an ethnically diverse institution that promotes innovation and continuous improvement in departments and divisions. The College is named for the native population living in the area when Mission San Jose was founded. The Fremont campus is located just south of the historical Mission. The Newark Campus is located near Interstate 880 and emphasizes programs in health, environment, and technology.
EEO Statement Summary:
The District is strongly committed to the principles of equal opportunity and to hiring qualified staff who reflect the diversity of our community. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, military and veteran status, pregnancy/childbirth/breastfeeding or related medical condition or any other protected basis in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. The college encourages applications from all qualified applicants.
If you have a disability and are in need of special services, equipment, or facilities in order to apply or interview for this opening, please call the Human Resources office at: (510) 659-6088.
Conditions of Employment: Offers of employment are contingent upon Governing Board approval. Employment with Ohlone Community College is not complete or official until applicants meet all pre-employment requirements. All new employees are required to submit official transcripts, proof of freedom from tuberculosis and proof of vaccination from COVID-19. In addition, you will be required to provide identification and employment eligibility as outlined in the federal "Immigration Reform & Control Act of 1986." Pre-employment tests and/or medical examinations may be required. Ohlone Community College does not sponsor H1B visas. Employees must sign the Oath or Affirmation of Allegiance and submit fingerprints for CA Department of Justice clearance. Employees must be California residents on their date of hire and for the duration of their employment with Ohlone Community College District.
To apply, visit: https://employment.ohlone.edu/postings/48690
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency