Associate Director of Career Management
University of San Francisco
Associate Director of Career Management
Under the general supervision and direction of the Sr. Director of External Engagement, the Associate Director of Career Services is responsible for creating workshops, partnerships and employer relations for all graduate students in the School of Management. Both within the University and to the external community, the Associate Director is a spokesperson, representative, and advocate for all SOM the graduate programs.
Full Job Description:
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Create an outreach strategy plan to engage employers to partner with the school on various priorities
- Create speaker series and workshops per program to drive industry related topics and resources
- Work with Alumni on engagement of jobs, internships and consulting projects
- Assist with marketing communications around postings and events
- Support student and alumni events with logistics and content
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive career management workshops that includes a variety of topics, events related to professional skills development.
- Advises students and provides strategies, resources and tools to best prepare for immediate and long-term career pursuits including but not limited to interview preparation and job search strategy.
- Work with outside coaches with contracts and scheduling
- Create advising schedules for students
- Work as a team to develop and maintain a reporting mechanism for graduate employment surveys & statistics, internships and employment outcomes. Communicate information regarding career trends and job opportunities to students and alumni in a timely, effective manner. Share success stories and testimonials as appropriate for publication and recruitment.
Strategy - School of Management:
- Working in collaboration with other SOM leadership staff, provide analysis of the current program as it relates to brand attributes and competitive trends.
- Provide competitive information about best practices at other programs with particular emphasis on ways to attract, recruit and engage the target student population and Alumni.
- Analyze existing SOM student demographics for purposes of determining how to address career preparation and placement given the variances in industry and experience levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Creation and evaluation of effective career management strategies and programs to meet student needs and maximize employment outcomes and external visibility
- Assist with a career management plan that encompasses best practices and raises the visibility of the department to a level of competitive advantage for the USF School of Management.
- Develop a SOM branding strategy that highlights and differentiates USF's strengths, leverages the unique attributes of Bay Area businesses and offers an identity that alumni and current students can both benefit from and build upon.The goal of increasing positive employment outcomes can best be achieved with a strategy that aligns targeted recruitment, effective programming and strong employer relations.
The successful candidate will have experience in building external relations and career development. Four to six years of experience in career management at an academic institution preferred. Career advising of graduate level students highly desirable, preferably for graduate programs. Strong analytical and problem solving skills to evaluate data, assess alternatives and make appropriate decisions and recommendations. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse group of students, faculty, staff, alumni and the general community. Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy and maintain a high level of confidentiality. Outstanding presentation skills enabling effective, influential communication with the target audience. Motivated to work independently but able to thrive in and contribute in a team-oriented environment. Professional demeanor that establishes credibility quickly, inspires confidence and positive relationships.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/Downtown-Campus/Associate-Director-of-Career-Management_R0004602.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to "Change the World From Here." For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency